Ultimate Relaxation: Winter Bath Recipe
Having a lovely hot bath is one of my favourite ways to relax.
I adore it. Relaxation and self-care comes in many forms and for me a bath is always top of my list!
I have come up with my ultimate, indulgent, relaxing winter bath recipe. Grab yourself half an hour and run yourself a bath – you won’t regret it.
- A nice full hot bath
- Two big handfuls of Epsom Salts (roughly 100g)
- A small bowl of full fat milk*
- A spoonful of honey*
- 10ml of Sweet Almond Oil
- 5 to 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Optional – candles, a good book, your favourite drink
*If you are vegan replace this with either Oat Milk or oats in a tied sock or muslin bag. They give a lovely soothing a soft bath. It’s a great alternative for everyone to try!
- Heat the milk and honey (or Oat Milk) up slightly – in a microwave or on the hob
- Pour the Epsom Salts into the bath, preferably under running hot water
- Add the Lavender Oil to the Sweet Almond Oil (if you have sensitive skin just a few drops is best)
- Pour the Lavender and Almond Oil mix into the milk and honey*
- Once the bath is full and to the right temperature (you want it hot but don’t boil yourself!) add the milk, honey and oil mix (not under running water)*
- Get in and chill out!
*If you are using Oat Milk add to this. If using an oat sock then add the oil to the bath and drop your oat sock in separately. Get it under the running water and squeeze it to get the goodness out.
More self-care tips, please?
Self-care isn’t just about baths, even though they are great! If you want a more wide-ranging view and discussion on self-care then join my Dru it Yourself Facebook group now.