Set your goals for the new year with Dru Yoga
Setting goals at the start of a year is an age-old way of pushing us forward into the year ahead. But it can be daunting trying to achieve the targets we set for ourselves, and many of us fall at the first hurdle and see the rest of the list slipping out of our grasp as we tumble.
My fellow Dru Yoga teacher Rachael Hattersley has some great tips for making sure you start the right way, setting achievable goals which will inspire you for the new year and not trip you up.
- Set realistic, achievable, unconditional goals
- Never use goals as a way of punishing yourself for not achieving
- Write them in the present tense, e.g. “I earn good money doing what I enjoy”
- Focus on seeing, and believing, they have been achieved
- Use techniques such as yoga and meditation to quieten your mind and keep negative and disempowering thoughts to a minimum
- Enjoy it! Celebrate your successes as you go
Want to make yoga one of your new year goals? Book a class now