A yoga city break that leaves your mind and body nurtured, your taste buds enchanted and your eyes feasted on contemporary art.
Friday 10 March – Sunday 13 March 2017
Join us for a city break with a difference – the Yoga Weekender. A weekend of Dru Yoga, fabulous food and contemporary art in the heart of Leeds city centre.
Lucyoga has curated a selection of Leeds’ finest independent food, art and accommodation to host this UK yoga city break. With accommodation at the new Art Hostel, where you are serenaded in the shower by David Bowie and tucked up at night amongst the art works in your room, this weekend will set out to explore the DIY heart of Leeds which has made it an art, music, beer and gastro destination of choice.
And new for this year – you can choose whether to come to just the yoga sessions, or indulge in a lovely weekend of yoga, food and art.
The Yoga Weekender takes place in different venues around the city offering long, slow and soothing yoga sessions to ease out body and mind. This will be time out to nurture yourself, let go of your worries, top up your energy levels, and have fun.
And other than the yoga…?
We’ve got prosecco and canapés (organic, fresh and local of course!) and award-winning Indian street food and craft beer, just to get started. There’ll be long, slow brunches (we are big fans of ‘second breakfast’ at Lucyoga), a proper Yorkshire Sunday Lunch, a specially commissioned guided art tour, time to mooch, grab a coffee, shop (Leeds does shopping very well), drink tea, sleep…
New for 2017 we also have an exclusive tour of Leeds’ contemporary art spaces, led by the visual arts commissioning organisation Pavilion. Led by a highly experienced Leeds art organisation this will be a unique opportunity to see some of the highlights of the city’s contemporary art scene.
The Nitty Gritty… Choose the Right Package for You
Make it YOUR yoga city break. The Yoga Weekender offers three different packages:
Just Yoga – join us for four long Dru Yoga sessions focused on your wellbeing and relaxation. The four sessions will offer a progressive journey through some deeply relaxing and strength building yoga. The yoga will help you build your inner energy reserves through soft and slow yoga that nurtures you.
Yoga and Art – Yoga helps to clear the mind and open up new perspectives. In addition to the four yoga workshops you can choose the Art package to experience some of Leeds’ burgeoning contemporary art scene. We are very excited to announce the Yoga Weekender 2017 will feature a collaboration with Pavilion visual arts organisation for a specially commissioned Leeds Art Walk. Give yourself a little extra and join us for this private tour of contemporary art in Leeds after the Saturday yoga workshop.
Yoga, Food and Art – the perfect weekend! Sit back and enjoy being taken to our carefully curated selection of restaurants and bars for yummy food and drinks. The yoga will prepare you perfectly for enjoying the best of Leeds’ thriving street food and independent restaurant scene. You can opt to stay at the brilliant Art Hostel so you also get to sleep in unique rooms designed by artists.
If you are local then you can have choose to do this as a non-residential package.
Yoga, Food and Art…Accommodation
If you choose the Yoga, Food and Art Residential option you will be able to select a bed in either a single, twin or triple room at the Art Hostel.
If you are coming with friends then you can reserve a twin or triple room for exclusive use of your party, subject to availability and all members of your party booking together. Have specific people you would like to share a room with? Please specify this immediately on booking, otherwise you’ll be allocated a roomy.
Art Hostel Rooms
All the rooms at the Art Hostel are individually designed by artists and are completely unique. They all feature bunk beds, except Riverside Mission which has single beds that can be made into a double, and shared bathrooms. All bed linen and towels are provided, along with a basic help yourself breakfast.
Live Locally? Got Somewhere Else to Stay?
If you live locally you don’t have to miss out! You can still come on the Yoga Weekender – just buy the non-residential package.
And if hostel accommodation is not for you, then why not try one of the many hotels in Leeds? Just buy the non-residential package and then book your own place to stay. If you want any help with that, then let us know.
What you’d need to bring
Yourself, and a good appetite! And a yoga kit. You will need a yoga mat, block, strap and blanket and a way to carry them around with you for the weekend. Or you can buy a yoga kit from me when you book – everything you will need for just £40, including a kit bag.
The yoga kit includes:
The Art Hostel and all of the Yoga Weekender’s activities are situated in the heart of Leeds city centre, very close to the train station. This is by far the easiest way to get to the Yoga Weekender as parking is limited and could get expensive in the city centre.
Virgin Trains run very regular services from London and other major cities, via the East Coast Mainline. Prices for a London – Leeds ticket start at around £14.50 if booked in advance, see https://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/
Your Yoga Weekender Programme (STC)
Friday 12 March
- 3pm onwards check in Art Hostel (can arrive earlier and wait/leave bags)
- 3.30pm Welcome cuppa at The Art Hostel
- 4.30pm Yoga at Wharf Chambers
- 6.30pm Drinks and bar snacks with some of the best of Leeds’ own produce from George and Joseph Cheesemongers and Leeds Bread Co-op
- 8.30pm Indian ‘street food’ at Bundobust
Saturday 13 March
- Breakfast served at the Art Hostel (from 7am)
- 9.30am Yoga at The Tetley
- 11.30am Brunch at The Tetley Bar & Kitchen
- followed by a private Leeds Art Walk with Pavilion visual arts organisation
Time to see more art, shop, wander, sleep…
- 5pm Meet at Art Hostel
- 5.30pm Yoga at Duke Studios
- 8pm Evening meal
Sunday 30 October
- Breakfast served at the Art Hostel (from 7am)
- 10am Coffee and Pastries at Art Hostel
- 11.15am Yoga at Wharf Chambers
- 1.30pm Yorkshire Sunday Lunch at The Brunswick (Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options available, and yummy!)
Please note that the final details of the Yoga Weekender are still being confirmed and the above schedule is subject to change.
Choose your price!
Want to know how much this is going to cost? Prices start at just £80 so grab a cuppa and have a think about what you want your weekend break to be like. Then send me an email with all that info, and I’ll send you back your price.
- Want to just come to the yoga sessions?
- Feel like a spot of art and want join in the art tour too?
- Going to indulge yourself and let us treat you to the whole weekend of yoga, food and art?
- Want a room to yourself? A Private shower? Want single beds or bunk beds?
- Happy to share and meet others whilst saving a few pennies?
- Want to come with a friend or partner and share with them?
- Live locally and want to head home to your own bed after your lovely days of yoga, food and art?
Full payment is required at the time of booking to secure your place.
- Transport to Leeds or around the city centre (all venues are in reasonable walking distance from the Art Hostel)
- Travel insurance
- Additional food and drinks. All packages include two drinks per person during the weekend, at specified times/locations. If you wish to purchase alternative food or drinks to those provided, or drinks to accompany your meals or other activities, these will be at your own expense.
- Yoga equipment – please bring your own equipment. You will need a yoga mat, block, strap and blanket. If you don’t have your own kit you can buy one for the weekend for £40. You can then take this home, which means you are all set up for your home yoga practice!